Doing Science with Industry – Why & how?
Latvijas Universitātes Cietvielu fizikas institūta, Doktorantūras skolas „Funkcionālie materiāli un nanotehnoloģijas” zinātniskais seminārs uzstājas viens no CAMART2 projekta partneriem RISE (Henrik Florén).
Introduction – The day in a context
- History of ISSP UL & ISSP’s UL vision. Where do we want to go, and what will it take? (Anatoljis + Henrik)
On applied research, and collaborative research as a specific approach – What is it and how does it relate to basic research?
Andris Āzens: Scientists working with industry: Why and how – A subjective view from Latvia
Moving from basic research to applied/collaborative research – Why? (15 min)
- What is the value for the students and firms? WIIFY?
Guntis Mārciņš, GroGlass: Thoughts about and experiences from collaborating with the institute from an industry perspective
How to make collaboration with industry work?
- 2&2: Brain-storming activity on possible challenges (in groups of two):
- “What are the possible challenges when doing collaborative research with industrial partners?”
- Key-challenges in collaborative research and how to deal with them
Some advice on:
- How to do it
- Your academic supervisor
- The ”ideal” project and industrial partner
Summary – Key Conclusions and the way forward