Research of optical, electrical and gas sensing properties of nanocarbon based polymer nanomaterials to be applied for harvesting and storage of renewable energy (2017)
This project of the Baltic-German University Liaison Office is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds from the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic Germany.
Project realization time: 15.06.2017 – 15.12.2017.
Countries and institutions involved in the project:
- Latvia, Institute of Solid State Physics of University of Latvia (Dr. Janis Kleperis)
- Germany, Chair of Experimental Polymer Physics, Institute of Physics, University of Freiburg (Prof. Dr. Günter Reiter)
Aims of the project:
Aim of this project – exchange of knowledge in the field of nanostructured polymer, carbon, oxide composites; advanced methods of material synthesis and research of physical-chemical properties.
Target group involved persons:
Direct: 5 researchers from Latvia and 3 from Germany;
Indirect: up to 25 participants in scientific seminars in each country; Public will be directly involved in the project publicity activity – International Exhibition Energy and Environment 2017, Riga, Latvia – 4 days, each day about 150-300 visitors to ISSP UL Stand.
Main activities of the project and venues where the project activities will be carried out:
- Riga and Freiburg. Mutual correspondence on common themes searching for proposal to larger project in H2020 thematic calls on innovative materials for renewable energy and energy storage (June-December; Riga (LV) and Freiburg);
- Freiburg (Germany). Working visit of Latvian researchers group to Institute of Physics of Albert-Ludwig-University of Freiburg with samples prepared in Latvia: research with different techniques, common discussions. explanation of results, presentation of research work at ISSP UL (September 14-21);
- Riga (Latvia). Working visit of German researchers to Institute of Solid State Physics of University of Latvia with samples prepared in Germany: research with different techniques, common discussions, explanation of results, presentation of research work of the Freiburg group (June 18 – July 1, September 26-28).
Planned public events and date of the events:
Three seminars will be organized to introduce the fellow and students of host institute with visiting researcher and his represented institute/department and research topics – two in Riga at ISSP (June 28 (speaker B.Zhang, researcher from Institute of Physics, Freiburg University) and September 27 (speaker Prof. G.Reiter), and one in Freiburg (September 19, speakers A.Knoks, P.Lesnicenoks, S.Lozkins).
Project results will be demonstrated in ISSP UL Stand at International Exhibition “Energy and Environment 2017”, Kipsala in Riga, October 19-22 (Latvia).