The Excellence Centre of Advanced MAterial Research and Technology Transfer CAMART²
About CAMART2 –
The proposed project CAMART2 is aimed to upgrade the existing “Excellence Centre of Advanced Material Research and Technology at the Institute of Solid State Physics University of Latvia” to a new significantly stronger Centre of Excellence. The upgrade will enable efficient transfer of new materials and technologies into products for commercial and public benefits based on exchange of knowledge and synergy with innovation-intensive Consortium partners.
The implementation of CAMART2 will increase the level of commercialisation of research in Latvia and Baltic Sea region, enhance cooperation between business and academics paving way for innovation-based economic growth, diminishing the disparities between Latvia and well-performing Member States.
CAMART2 partners –
CAMART2 first stage funding – 497 500 EUR
CAMART2 first stage task – an elaboration of the business plan of CAMART2 according to needs and demands of the national and Baltic Sea Region industry for R&D and technology transfer services in the field of advanced materials and technologies.
Specialization of CAMART2 is defined according to RIS3 topic of Latvia “Smart materials, technology and engineering systems” and EC defined KETs – Advanced Materials, Photonics, Nanotechnology and Micro- and Nanoelectronics. The R&D&I activities at the Centre of Excellence will be focused on:
- Thin films and coating technologies;
- Functional materials for electronics and photonics;
- Nanotechnology, nanocomposites and ceramics;
- Computational material science by atomistic scale modelling of technologically important materials and devices.
Strategic objectives for CAMART2 –
- increase level of research commercialization;
- enhance cooperation between businesses and academics;
- develop a cooperation platform for enterprises and scientists;
- support joint research;
- foster technology transfer.
CAMART2 web page – camart2.eu
Project CAMART² has received funding from the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme H2020-WIDESPREAD-01-2016-2017-TeamingPhase2 under grant agreement No. 739508