CAMART2 Newsletter No. 2
Results of 40th Scientific Conference of Latvian secondary school students
In the plenary session of Latvian 40 th Scientific conference of Latvian secondary school students on Saturday, 23 April, between many of gratitudes presented to the teachers and conference organizers and section leaders by the Education and Science Minister Kārlis Šadurskis, one was presented to the head of Hydrogen energy materials laboratory o ISSP UL Dr. Jānis Kleperis for a significant contribution to management of pupil`s scientific researches, preparing them for Latvian scientific conference.
Latvian and European Spallation Source (ESS) Partner Day in Riga
A Partner Day organized in collaboration with the Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Latvia and Latvian Institutes, including the Institute of Solid State Physics of University of Latvia, is planned on 2 June 2016 in Riga.
EUROfusion Enabling Research Project_ISSP UL
EUROfusion Enabling Research Project "When and how ODS particles are formed? - X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy and ab initio modelling of ODS steels", (CfP-WP15-ENR-01/UL-01), 2015-2017 (Head: Dr. habil.phys. J. Purans, Institute of Solid State Physics, University of Latvia).
Congratulations to our colleagues at Institute of Solid State Physics, University of Latvia for receiving Latvian Academy of Sciences awards!
The LAS Grand Medals 2015 were awarded to Professor Andris Šternbergs and Professor Arvīds BarševskisThe LAS Grand Medals 2015 were awarded to Professor Andris Šternbergs and Professor Arvīds BarševskisLAS
This award consists of an engraved medal, a personal diploma, and a cash award. For the second year in a row, the cash prize of EUR 10,000 (post-tax) is funded by the Boris and Ināra Teterev Foundation
Evaluation of the ISSP UL in the Research Assessment Excercise
‘This institution is one of the best - arguably the best institution evaluated by Panel M. It has all the qualities to continue its role as the leading centre of Latvian research in material science. Securing funding for the Institute should be of highest priority for the Latvian Government and Latvian research funding agencies’, the conclusions and recommendations made by expert panel for ISSP UL
- The Institute of Solid State Physics is organising an international conference “The Second European Workshop on Understanding and Controlling Nano and Mesoscale Friction” on July 4-7, 2016 in Riga within the framework of COST action MP1303. 29.06.2016
- CAMART2 Newsletter No. 2 13.06.2016
- Ilze Dimanta defend PhD thesis "Biohydrogen production from crude glycerol, lactose and hydrogen storage possibilties with metalhydrides from fermentation broth" 07.06.2016
- Results of 40th Scientific Conference of Latvian secondary school students 26.04.2016
- Latvian and European Spallation Source (ESS) Partner Day in Riga 05.04.2016
- EUROfusion Enabling Research Project_ISSP UL 28.03.2016
- Young Scientist conference “Developments in Optics and Communications” 21.01.2016