Evaluation of the ISSP UL in the Research Assessment Excercise
‘This institution is one of the best - arguably the best institution evaluated by Panel M. It has all the qualities to continue its role as the leading centre of Latvian research in material science. Securing funding for the Institute should be of highest priority for the Latvian Government and Latvian research funding agencies’, the conclusions and recommendations made by expert panel for ISSP UL
Joint International Symposium RCBJSF – 2014 - FM&NT September 29 – October 2, 2014 Riga, Latvia
The Organizing Committee kindly invites you to take part in the joint event “12th Russia/CIS/Baltic/Japan Symposium on Ferroelectricity and 9th International conference on Functional Materials and Nanotechnologies – RCBJSF–2014-FM&NT”
Change of the legal status of the ISSP UL
On August 19, 2013 the order of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 380 has been issued and states that according to the Law of Scientific activity, as well as on the basis of the Latvian University Senate's decision No. 323 the University of Latvia agency - research institute “Institute of Solid State Physics, University of Latvia " is reformed to the University of Latvia research institute - derived public person -"Institute of Solid State Physics, University of Latvia" and stays under the supervision of the University of Latvia.
The report of the DG Research and Innovation of the EC
The Directorate General Research and Innovation of the European Commission is released the report Research and Innovation performance in EU Member states and associated countries.
National and international projects and programs
- Congratulations to Dr.habil.phys. Vladimir Kuzovkov on receiving the Edgars Siliņš award! 14.04.2014
- Evaluation of the ISSP UL in the Research Assessment Excercise 11.04.2014
- 10th International Young Scientist conference “Developments in Optics and Communications” and Laserlab III Training School for Potential Users “Laser Applications in Spectroscopy, Industry and Medicine” 09.04.2014
- Latvian Academy of Sciences Division of Physical and Technical Sciences lecture by Niels Egede Christensen 09.04.2014
- Andris Voitkans defend PhD thesis "Structure and photophysical processes in 0D&1D InGaN composite materials" 07.04.2014
- Andris Anspoks defend PhD thesis "Studies of local structure relaxation in nanomaterials" 07.04.2014
- Abstract submission for Joint International Symposium RCBJSF – 2014 - FM&NT is extended 06.02.2014