In he Laboratory of Optical Recording (OIL) the synthesis and research of amorphous chalcogenide semiconductor (As-S, As-Se and As-S-Se) thin films and films of organic materials for optical recording and electron beam lithography is performed. Photo-induced changes of optical properties, holographic recording, holographic surface relief formation and relaxation processes in amorphous films are studied. The main task is to perform R&D of high sensitive photoresists in the visible and near UV region for holography and optical resists for production of diffractive optical elements. Rainbow hologram production technology, based on chalcogenide semiconductor photoresists, has been developed.
Optical spectrometers 200 ÷ 1000 nm;
High vacuum equipment for deposition of thin films;
Holographic recording system (laser systems for spectral range of 350 to 1150 nm).
|Scientific degree||Name Surname||Position||Phone number|
|Dr.phys.||Janis Teteris||Head of laboratory||29414553||Janis.Teteris@cfi.lu.lv|
|Dr.phys.||Mara Reinfelde||Senior researcher||Mara.Reinfelde@cfi.lu.lv|
The main focus of the Laboratory is R&D of materials and technologies for applications in holography, lithography, diffractive optics and micro/nano-technologies.
- Photoinduced processes in thin films of amorphous chalcogenide semiconductors;
- Holographic recording in amorphous chalcogenide semiconductors;
- R&D of highly sensitive photoresists for holography and lithography;
- R&D of diffractive optical elements and Bragg grating structures;
- Holographic surface relief formation during processes of exposure to light in amorphous chalcogenide semiconductors and in organic azo-polymer materials.
Research in Progress:
- Photo-induced changes of optical properties in amorphous As-S-Se system;
- Holographic recording and studies of surface relief formation in amorphous chalcogenide and organic material thin films;
- R&D of high sensitivity photoresists for holographic recording in the visible and UV spectral range of 300 - 700 nm;
- Research of planar waveguides based on amorphous chalcogenide semiconductors.
In the laboratory, the studies of photoinduced mass transfer processes have been performed in both amorphous chalcogenide (As-S, As-S-Se, and Ge-Se systems) and azo-benzene-containing organic compounds. Organic azobenzene-containing compounds have been shown to be about 103 times more sensitive to chalcogenide materials. The best sensitivity of the surface relief recording in organic materials is about 25 nm cm2 / J .
An immersion technology for holographic recording of small-period gratings has been developed, allowing by 491 nm laser to record gratings in the As2S3 films with a period of 150-400 nm (see Fig. 1).
One-beam technology was developed for recording the gratings with a period of over 5 m and a relief depth of up to 40 m (see Figure 2).
Azo-benzene-containing epoxy compounds with good light sensitivity and cheap manufacturing technology have been synthesized and studied [3, 8].
- University of Pardubice
- Boise State University
- Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
1. M. Reinfelde, M. Mitkova, T. Nichol, Z.G.Ivanova, J. Teteris, Photoinduced mass transport in Ge-Se amorphous films, Chalcogenide Letters, 15 (2018) 35-43.
2. A.Gerbreders, M. Reinfelde, A. Bulanovs, A. Tokmanovs, K. Traskovskis, J. Teteris, Influence of acid-base modifiers on photoinduced mass transport in amorphous azobenzene amino acid, Journ. of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 20 (2018) 52-55.
3. J. Miķelsone, J. Teteris, Surface relief grating recording in azobenzene epoxy films, Journ. of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 20 (2018) 224-228.
4. J. Teteris, Surface relief grating recording in amorphous chalcogenide and azobenzene compounds, Journ. of Optoelectronics and Advanced Materials, 20 (2018) 229-234.
5. Ivanova Z.G, Zavadil J., Kostka P., Djouama T., Reinfelde M., Photoluminescence properties of Er-doped Ge-In(Ga(-S glasses modified by caesium halides, Phys.Stat.Sol. (B) 254 (6), 1600662 (2017)
6. M.Reinfelde, L.Loghina, Z.G.Ivanova, J.Teteris, U.Gertners, S. Slang, M. Vlcek, Photoinduced surface relief grating formation in amorphous As40S60-xSex thin films, JOAM, 18 (2016) 1-4.
7. U.Gertners, J.Teteris, All-Optical Surface Micropatterning by Electric Field Intensity Gradient, Adv.in OptoElectronics, vol.2015, ID917029 (2015), 8 pages.
8. J.Aleksejeva, M.Reinfelde, J.Teteris, Direct surface relief patterning of azo-polymers films via holographic recording, Can. J.Phys., 92 (2014) 842-844.
9. M.Reinfelde, J.Teteris, Surface relief and polarization holographic grating formation in amorphous As-S-Se films. JOAM, 13 (2011) 1531-3.
10. U.Gertners, J.Teteris, Surface relief formation in amorphous chalcogenide thin films during holographic recording, Opt.Mat. 32 (2010) 807-810.